A few months ago I have been to the states. Naturally, one big outcome of that trip was a handful of photographs documenting it – 1.6GB of these, to be precise. The bad part is that I have forgotten to reset the camera settings beforehand, which made all the pictures date a few years back.
The images I made with my Cannon camera (sx110) use JPEG for compression, and Exif for the metadata – including the date and time the picture was taken, which is what we’re interested in. Being as perfectionist as I am, and having some familiarity with Python, I set out to modify the metadata on the pictures to contain the right dates for the trip.